RAW VEGAN EASTER TART
vegan, paleo, raw, gluten-free
When I first was dabbling in raw foods years ago, I used lots of different sweeteners; agave (when we thought it was good for us), coconut crystals, honey, lots of dates and bananas… Though I still love using some of these (sans agave) I really have enjoyed playing with some low glycemic sweetener such as stevia and xylitol. This cheesecake is raw, vegan, paleo, gluten-free and stevia sweetened. We’ll be enjoying this tomorrow for a little Easter treat.
The recipe is simple, all you need is food processor and a good blender! The flavor is light and fruity. You can add different berries for a change up of the recipe. I like using blackberries for a darker version.
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- 3 dates, pitted
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup tocos (see note)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup cashews, soacked
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup tocos (see note)
- ½ -1 teaspoon pink salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean
- 2 droppers vanilla stevia
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 8 strawberries, fresh or frozen blended in
- 10 strawberries, fresh for topping
- In a food processor, combine all crust ingredients and pulse until a nice cookie dough consistency forms. Then take dough and press into your tart pan. Make sure it's even. You should have exactly the right amount.
- In your vitamin, combine cashew, coconut oil, water, tacos, salt, vanilla, stevia, lemon,apple cider vinegar, strawberries and blend until very very creamy!
- for topping, just slice strawberries and place in circles around the pan.