Your New Breakfast Bowl
I moved to quinoa a while back because I felt inflammation in my body each time I ate oats, for some people oats are fine, but in my body, event the gluten-free ones don’t work. I use quinoa now for warm (or cold) bowls. It’s a great protein source and has a wonderful nutty flavor. My personal favorite brand is THRIVE, it’s sprouted, meaning all the enzyme inhibitors have been removed so you can absorb all your nutrients from this yummy bowl.
- essential amino acids // the catalysts for the synthesis of proteins, enzymes, hormones, neurotransmitters, metabolic pathways, mental stabilization and pretty much everything else in your body. They are needed!
- protein // Quinoa is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids.
- iron // healthy blood builder and increases brain production
- fiber // helps things move through you easily
This recipe has dried mulberries and walnuts but you can play! I like it with pecans, almonds or pistachios, blackberries, mangos, bananas! Just add what you love. Share your bowl with me on instagram, would love to see it, tag me and #strongandradiant
- 1.5 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or grass-fed butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon pink salt
- 3 strawberries, sliced
- ½ avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 6 walnuts
- 2 tablespoon dried mulberries
- ¼ green apple, sliced
- mix all ingredients into a bowl, making sure it's well combined. That's it! Move on to toppings.
- slice and top
- drizzle a little maple syrup or raw honey one top
- serve and enjoy