PALEO PUMPKIN MUFFINS
vegan | gluten free | spiced
These babies are paleo, gluten free, dairy free, processed sugar free while still being full of flavor. Incredibly delicious, moist and perfect for your pumpkin carving evenings (that why we made these!). I’m a total sucker for sweets, I always have been. Instead of trying to change something fundamental about myself, I decided to find new ways to create tasty treats that are good for me and for all of you! Also, as a mama, I want to help my son not have a sweet tooth quite as big as mine so these kind of simple treats are perfect for him. I love getting a little spinach or kale blended into treats such as this one. Powered up!
I use almond flour as the base with blood sugar balancing cinnamon and mineral rich maple syrup as the main sweetener. You’ll be transported right back to childhood! If you’re feeling extra fancy, make my simple almond butter and honey caramel to top.
- WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3 chia eggs (3 tablespoons chia seeds, ½ cup water mixed together)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 8 oz pumpkin puree
- 2½ cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup water
- ½ salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- First thing to do is make your chia eggs. You'll need 3 tablespoons of chia seeds with 1.2 cup water. Whisk together and let gel.
- In a large mixing bowl combine almond flour, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, brown rice flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl add molasses, pumpkin, water, chia eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil and water. mix well and pour into dry mix while stirring. once well combined pour into lined muffin pan or oiled and flour dusted muffin pan.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Optional* top with coconut sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin seeds.