This is one of those recipes that makes a chef proud. This is probably one of my favorite treats ever. I can’t really take much credit for it, the ingredients in themselves are naturally amazing. Roasted hazelnut and chocolate belong together. Paired with maple syrup and just the right amount of pink salt, you have simple magnificence. Mother nature is such a genius. This is like a really healthy version of Nutella!
I love this tart for birthdays, parties and just for a great dessert to have in the freezer. It freezes so well and keeps good for at least 2 months if not longer.
If you’re a raw foodie, you can opt for unroasted hazelnuts but I have to say, the roasting really brings out the flavor. Worth it.
- 1½ cup roasted hazelnuts
- ⅛ cup coconut oil
- ⅛ cup maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt (pink)
- 1½ cups soaked, roasted hazelnuts
- 2 cups soaked cashew
- 1⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 1¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For the crust simply add all the ingredients into a food processor and process until a fine cookie dough consistency is formed.
- Line a round springform pan with saran wrap and pat the crust down evenly. Place in freezer.
- for the filling use a Vitamix or high-speed blender of your liking.
- Add hazelnuts, cashews, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Blend on high working the mixture with a plunger. Stopping every so often to scrape the mixture from the side with a spatula. Do this until the mix is incredibly smooth and silky.
- Then pour the mixture into the crust. Tap on the counter a few times to release any bubbles. Put back into the freezer until firm.
- Cut and enjoy thoroughly!